Career: 1993 – present
Birth date: 20th September 1986
Hometown: Tempe, Arizona
Mechanic: myself, Brent Thielke & Jon Faulkner
Hobbies: Ride ATVs, race RC its my job but i still love it as a hobby.
Chassis: Team Associated RC8.2
Electrics: LRP / Airtronics
Sponsors: Team Associated, reedy, lrp, jconcepts, airtronics, sidewinder, up grade rc, makita, kicker, GHEA, lunsford, live RC.com
Recently Mentioned in:
Maifield had already set a high standard in 1/10th Offroad before making the transition to 1/8 Offroad driver; TQ’ing 4WD at the Worlds in 2005 he then started racing 1/8 Buggy running the Thunder Tiger EP4-S3 and LRP/OS engine. The 2006 ROAR nats, held at the The Farm II track witnessed the domination in qualifying by the Losi team, however it was Maifield with the unfavoured S3 that picked up the win. An absolute joy to watch on track – even more so at big races as Ryan appears to feed off the buzz and excitement that only the biggest of events bring. He would lead out the 2008 Worlds final as well as TQ’ing two rounds of Quali at the Worlds in Thailand two years later. Whilst the final result hasn’t gone Ryan’s way in the two Worlds he has raced in he is still considered as one of the top 10 even top 5 drivers in the world at the moment.
I started when I was 7 with my father out in front of my house with a rc10 buggy. then went to the local track (S.R.S), I won my first cub race
in the novice class and it just went from there, my first major victory was at the 2003 cactus classic in the 1/10th mod buggy class, I tqed and won with the rc10 B4, it was the first race and first win with B4 so associated was pretty stoked with me. since then I get to travel all over the world and do what I love. I now have 7 roar national titles in multiple divisions, a handful of worlds podium finishes but still looking for that elusive worlds win.
Favourite track: S.R.S.
Favourite Event:Any IFMAR Worlds, Neo Race
Best RC moment:Winning the 2006 ROAR 1/8 Buggy Nats
Best RC buddies: I am friends with everyone I have way more friends than rivals.
RC Rivals: Nobody in particular, every race I try to start with a clean slate, no animosity towards anyone or anything.
– 2003 Cactus classic 2WD mod
– 2005 IFMAR 1/10th Worlds, I TQ’d 4WD mod and finished 3rd in both 2WD mod and 4WD mod.
– 2006 ROAR 1/8th buggy national championship. (with a thunder tiger haha)
– 2008 IFMAR 1/8th buggy worlds, started on pole for the Main, had an awesome battle but didnt end well.
– 2008 ROAR Truggy national championship (with a kyosho truck) the RC8T wasn’t out yet.
– 2009 ROAR Truggy national championship, with an RC8T and reedy engine. I TQ’d all 4 rounds of qualifying, very proud of that.
– I have won multiple times at the Cactus Classic in the 2wd mod, 4wd mod, 1/10th truck mod, it is my home race so it means alot to me when I do well there.
– 2009 Dirt Nitro Challenge 1/8th buggy class, its also my home race so it means alot to win there to me, and it is one of the hardest to win.
Key Sponsor & Product Changes:
– Mid 2008, left GRP to use Reedy engines
– Jan 2008, Joined GRP engine team
– 2007, ran AE RC8 when released and OS
– 2006, ran Thunder Tiger / LRP/OS