New from HB Racing is the D817 nitro buggy. Fresh off the win at the 2016 IFMAR World Championships in Las Vegas, the D817 is built to excel at the highest level of competition. The HB Racing philosophy is to build on success, so the D817 takes the proven speed and durability of the World Champion D815 and adds the latest features that are used by their team drivers. Team driver David Ronnefalk captured the World title with a pre-production D817, and now the D817 is available to racers around the world.
See: HB Racing
- Long wheelbase 7075 aluminum chassis
- Fine Adjustment Aluminum D-Mount
- Revised Rear Upright Geometry
- Universal drive shafts
- Universal & CVA compatibility
- 43/13 diff gear ratio with lightweight gears
- HB monocoque suspension arms
- Sintered brake pads & metal rotors
- Enclosed radio tray
- Updated rear upright design
- Carbon graphite rear hub carrier arms
- Aluminum servo saver arm
- One-piece lightweight wing mount
- Aluminum caster blocks
- Aluminum steering blocks
- Carbon graphite steering arms
- Stand-up servo mounting
- Steel turnbuckles
- Big bore threaded coilover shocks
- Hard anodized aluminum shock towers
- Aluminum arm blocks
- Hinge pin inserts
- Protective boots on central drivetrain
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Sway bars front and rear
- Split center bulkhead
- Lightweight spur gear
- Lightweight diff outdrives and center inputs
- Lightweight front aluminum axles
- Racing fuel tank with stone filter clunk
- Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan rear wing
- Pro-Line Predator clear buggy body
Notes from the D817 designer, Torrance Deguzman:
- The team drivers gravitated toward the optional long chassis for the D815, which gave the car more stability. The long chassis is now standard on the D817.
- The chassis outer shape has been revised, it is now symmetrical left-to-right.
- The steel rear skid plate has been removed for lighter weight.
- A revised D-Mount works in conjunction with the new chassis, and has added material at the bottom for longer wear.
- 3.0o toe-in is the standard D-mount in the kit, and optional D-mounts now come in finer 0.25o increments (2.75o, 3.00o, 3.25o, 3.50o).
- The rear hub geometry has evolved to allow a lower axle height and the camber link location hole pattern to be shifted higher and allows for a longer rear link. The settings that worked on the D815 car can still be replicated but we’ve removed the unused settings and added new ones. This rear hub is the same standard hub that comes on the E817.
- The D817 is equipped with universal drive shafts for improved bumpy track performance and for ease of maintenance. The CVA shafts from the D815 are still compatible with the D817.
- New body mounts that are made of tougher material are included. (Same as the E817)
- Virtually all of the tuning parts available for the D815 are still compatible with the D817.
- Length: 490mm
- Width: 310mm
- Wheelbase: 329mm
- Gear ratio: 43:13
Tuning options include: steering blocks, arm blocks, steering arms, rear hub carrier arms, sway bars, shock springs and more.