See: Kyosho America
The 7th Annual Northwest Invitational was held this past weekend at Cottage Grove R/C Raceway in Cottage Grove, Oregon. Located just 2 hours south of Portland, this first class off-road facility includes a fully stocked hobby shop, spacious pit areas, along with a hi-traction clay off-road track.
Invitational 2wd Modified Buggy:
In the Invitational 2wd Modified Buggy class, the overall Championship would come down to the 8th and final round of racing between Kyosho America teammates Chris Jarosz & Tanner Day. Jarosz would go onto run a flawless race to take the heat Win and the overall Championship. Day would finish just 1 point away from the overall Win to finish 2nd. Kyosho America’s Matt Chambers would complete the Kyosho podium sweep by finishing 3rd overall.
Invitational 2wd Modified Buggy Top 10 Overall:
- Chris Jarosz (6pts) – Kyosho RB6.6
- Tanner Day (7pts) – Kyosho RB6.6
- Matt Chambers (9pts) – Kyosho RB6.6
- Zack Rogers (12pts) – Kyosho RB6.6
- Jack Ingberg (13pts) – AE
- Joe Pillars (13pts) – Kyosho RB6.6
- Evan Overmars (15pts) – Kyosho RB6.6
- Elijah Gibbs (16pts) – Kyosho RB6.6
- Jackson Andres (17pts) – Kyosho RB6.6
- Jamie Hanlon (17pts) – AE
2wd Modified Buggy
In the 2wd Modified Buggy class, Kyosho America Team Manager Joe Pillars would go onto TQ Rounds #3 & #4 of qualifying to take the overall TQ honors. Pillars went onto Win A-Mains #1 & #3 to take the overall Championship for the weekend with his RB6.6! Kyosho America’s Chris Jarosz & Zack Rogers would tie on points for 2nd place. After the tie-breaker of laps and times were added together, it was Jarosz taking 2nd by 4-seconds over teammate Rogers to complete another Kyosho podium sweep.
2wd Modified Buggy Top 3 Overall:
- Joe Pillars (TQ) – Kyosho RB6.6
- Chris Jarosz – Kyosho RB6.6
- Zack Rogers – Kyosho RB6.6
4wd Modified Buggy
In the 4wd Modified Buggy class, Kyosho America’s Tanner Day would dominate qualifying to take the overall TQ. Day would go onto take the Wins in A-Mains #1 & #2 and wrap up the overall Championship early. Kyosho America’s Jackson Andres would put in a great effort to finish 2nd overall.
4wd Modified Buggy Top 3 Overall:
- Tanner Day (TQ) – Kyosho ZX6.6
- Jackson Andres – Kyosho ZX6.6
- Jack Leighan – AE
2wd Modified Short Course
In the 2wd Modified Short Course class, Kyosho America’s Matt Chambers would take the overall TQ. Chambers then went onto take the Wins in A-Mains #1 & #2 and take the overall Championship.
2wd Modified Short Course Top 3 Overall:
- Matt Chambers (TQ) – Kyosho SC6
- Jack Ingberg – AE
- Jack Leighan – AE